Junior Boosters Hosts Annual Winterfest

Junior Boosters Hosts Annual Winterfest

Junior Boosters hosted their biggest and most successful Winterfest at the high school on December 2. 

The cafeteria was transformed into an indoor marketplace of over 40 vendors and crafters with the smells of Hudson Wax Co. candles, the tasty macrons of Macs by Katie, Hawks Gear by Leigh Edie, as well as homemade jewelry, crocheted stuffed animals, and much more.

We were so happy that this was such a successful event. We are so grateful to everyone who came out. We had so many amazing vendors,” said Junior Boosters advisor Shelley Francolini.

Seasonal and fan-favorite scented soy candles Hudson Wax Co. by Cindy Andrade | Big Red file photo

It was super successful. We’re going to be able to help almost 40 kids on the holiday coalition list, with gift cards. We’re also donating towards a local charity, the food pantry, and we are purchasing blankets, hats, scarves, and other items for another organization in Hudson

The annual event was moved to the high school after several years at the Elks to allow for more space. 

Aside from the vendors, the club also decorated trees with prizes and ornaments that were donated by sponsors. All themed trees were raffled off to participants. This year’s trees ranged from Taylor Swift to Barbie to the Grinch and more. Customers could also enter raffles to win items from the vendors.

Organizing this event is one of the many ways that Junior Boosters is dedicated and resourceful to the Hudson High community. 

We start planning in the summer and get the date early and start sending emails to local crafters and vendors.  When school starts all the major planning starts,” said Francolini.

The Reindeer Squad, as the Junior Boosters called themselves for this event also held a gingerbread decorating contest during Winterfest. The club handed out gingerbread house kits to any HHS students who participated, or they could come up with their design, fancy or simple.

Many sugar-filled creations entered, but the Morgan Bowl took the cake.

Who are the Junior Boosters?

The Junior Boosters is a club that raises money through its events and donates it to local charities. Another event that they host is the volleyball tournament and the Hawk Wars for the seniors. 

Many in the Hudson community have warmed up with a hot chocolate and a tasty treat as the club staffed the Snack Shack at home games.

“We are always looking for new ideas and we welcome everyone to be a part of our club!” said senior co-president Ally Cassidy.

You can join Junior Boosters by reaching out to the co-presidents either Ally Cassidy or Addison Murphy, or you can email  [email protected].