15 Years Coming: Girls Varsity Basketball Headed back to Playoffs

Girls Varsity Basketball vs. Clinton Highlights the Road to Playoffs.

Senior+Allura+Carney+%2812%29+jumps+for+the+rebound+after+missed+shot+by+Clinton+%7C+by+Audrey+De+Zutter++
Back to Article
Back to Article

Senior Allura Carney (12) jumps for the rebound after missed shot by Clinton | by Audrey De Zutter

Audrey De Zutter, Staff Writer

For the first time since 2004, the Varsity Girls Basketball team is headed to playoffs.

“This means everything to me. To have this program grow with me, to start off not even winning any games my freshman year, we won zero games then, ” said senior co-captain Allura Carney.

Senior co-captain Caroline Pollard echoed this sentiment.

“It means a lot, especially because when Allura and I started, this program was nothing. We were barely getting through games, and just to see how far we’ve come since those days where we couldn’t win a game against the worst,” said Pollard.

The Girls finished the season winning against Quabbin on February 11 with a final score of 51-35. The team’s overall season record was 13-6. Tonight, they will continue the road to the playoffs at Narragansett at 7:00 p.m.

• Senior Allura Carney (12) jumps for the rebound after missed shot by Clinton | by Audrey De Zutter

• Senior Caroline Pollard (10) receives pass from Brianna Cabral (2) at half court | by Audrey De Zutter

• Junior Alex Sousa (15) defends the ball | by Audrey De Zutter

• Senior Caroline Pollard (10) dribbles the ball towards the basket | by Audrey De Zutter

• Senior Allura Carney (12) drives for a layup and scores | by Audrey De Zutter

• Senior Caroline Pollard (10) and junior Alex Sousa (15) defend the ball in the 3rd quarter | by Audrey De Zutter