Play Hockey Like a Girl

More than Chicks with Sticks

Players Jillian Johannes and Emanuelle Fernandes celebrating after a goal |photo provided by Fernandes

Brianna Devlin, Co-Editor-in-Chief

The Co-Op girls hockey team has taken Central Mass by storm, with a record of 8-0-1

The tiny but mighty team has co-oped with Hudson, Clinton, Marlboro, Nashoba, and AMSA while playing for Algonquin High School. 

While generally being overlooked the past years, the team has gained much attention being the only undefeated winter sports team at Hudson High School. Their success has not gone unnoticed, with wins including an 8-0 at multiple games and a 10-0 match against Franklin.

“This year we are working extremely well as a team, all of us have our unique talents which is why we are the team we are this year,” said Hudson senior, Emanuelle Fernandes. “We all benefit and make each other better because of our unique skills and potentials.”

Senior Captain Jillian Johannes said, “The 2021 season is going really well and we have a great team that can compete and already has gone far in the league. Everyone gives 110% during every play during each game and we never give up. We are all super close this year and support one another while also having fun on the ice.

When asked what hopes she had for the season Fernades answered “Make it to states, and win.”

“We seniors want to make our last season the best one and give it our all for the rest of the season,” finishes Johannes.